Skip to content
Learn More About Our Agriculture Tax Dollars
THE FREE MARKET
- Gallo Wines has implemented integrated pest management (ladybugs, bats, hedgerows for birds, etc.) and tractor weeding (vs. herbicides) on their 10,000-acre vineyards, i.e., ORGANIC FARMING, because it's cost-effective.
- Organic food, completely UNSUBSIDIZED, is now a more-than-$50 billion-a-year industry (10% – 20% annual growth). 2017 current number.
- Many small organic farms (less than 100 acres, largely UNSUBSIDIZED) report annual incomes of $50,000 – $75,000.
- Vast majority of food grown on earth is 100% organic; most of the world's small farmers cannot afford pesticides—as in Africa, Asia, India, South America, etc. Russia has never subsidized toxic conventional agriculture, so it does not exist there.
In the United States, middle-class farmers have decreased to just 6% of total farms. In 2014, 40% of all farmland is rented or leased; farmland continues to consolidate into larger and larger big corporate-owned enterprises.
- Amazon owner Jeff Bezos bought Whole Foods Market (grocery stores) for $13.7 billion.
- Whole Foods, an organic/natural food store, chain came to Chicago in 1992; local annual sales are currently more than $1 billion.